Dornahalli & Shettihalli Church Church Tour
Details of the trip
‘Doranahalli’ is a village where the famous St. Anthony’s Shrine is located with all majesty. After the first church built by the farmer, another Church was built in the middle of 19th century but in the later days it became the presbytery.
Shettihalli Church is located 2 km from Shettihalli, Hassan, in Karnataka. Built in the 1860s by the French missionaries in India, the church is a magnificent structure of Gothic Architecture.
Inclusions : -
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis.
- Breakfast at Hotel on Day 2 and Day 3
- All applicable Hotel Taxes.
Departure from Bengaluru
PHCT 17: Dornahalli & Shetty Halli Church Tour
Duration : 1Nights / 2Days
Type : Car Package Tour
Package Tour Name: Bangalore and Mysore Church Tour
Duration: 2 Nights / 3Days
Travel By : Exclusive A/c Vehicle .
Duration: 1 Nights / 2 Days
Places covered: St. Philominas Church ,Mysore Palace, St. Infant Jesus Curch, Brindavan Gardens , St. Anthonys Church , Doranahalli and Amoldbhava Mathe Church, Ganjam, Srirangapatna , Shetty Halli Church , Hassan
Travel By : Exclusive A/c Vehicle .
Day 01: Bangalore
Pick up from Airport/ Railway Station / Bus Stand. Proceed to Mysore.
Visit Amoldbhava Mathe Church ,Ganjam , Srirangapatna
Two km from Srirangapatna and to the east of this historic place is a quiet town called Ganjam, which takes its name from the Persian ‘Ganj-i-am’ meaning ‘granary of the world’. Originally a prosperous ‘shahar’ (city) during the reign of Hyder Al...
Originally a prosperous ‘shahar’ (city) during the reign of Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan, Ganjam is now, however, better known for its most visited Gumbuz, the famous Nimishamba temple and for its good old church which is an important landmark of this historic town. The Immaculate Conception Church (Abbe Dubois Church) was established at Ganjam 200 years ago by a French missionary, Jean Antoine Dubois, who is said to have been living here, and doing community service for about 30 years.
As you enter the peaceful Abbe Dubois church, an eye-catching (about 15-ft high) bell tower greets you at the entrance of the holy church, dedicated to Mother Mary, also worshipped as ‘Amoldbhava Mathe’. Adjacent to the bell tower is a small memorial...
Arrival Mysore and check into the hotel. Later sightseeing of St. Philominas Church , Mysore palace and Brindavan gardens. Overnight stay at Mysore hotel.
Day 02: Mysore & Dornahalli
‘Doranahalli’ is a village where the famous St. Anthony’s Shrine is located with all majesty. After the first church built by the farmer, another Church was built in the middle of 19th century but in the later days it became the presbytery. One other Church was built in 1920 by a generous man called T. Dharmaraj Chetty (second son of Sir T. R. A. Thumboo Chetty). Recently when it developed cracks it was demolished and rebuilt by retaining the original facade.
The structure behind this is the present church. Consecrated on 13 June 1969 this church in the shape of a Tau (English alphabet T) cross and with an ample space, can accommodate a thousand people. At the front nave, above the corridor there is a big Cross and adjoining this is a pair of tall towers having cross at their tips. The construction of this memorable edifice was commenced in 1964 by Mon Signor I.H.LOBO and completed by Rev. R. FELIX THAVRO. This church also houses a small piece of St. Anthony’s relic brought from Rome.
It was in 1977 one Mr. Chandappa Shetty of Mangalore built a structure on the place where the farmer had built a temple earlier.The main church offers special prayer services on Tuesdays and annual feast is celebrated on 13 June of every year.
10:30 Am - Mass & Offerings
1:00pm- Lunch Time
1:30pm- Start From Dornahalli towards Hassan .
Visit Shetty Halli Church
Shetty Halli Church is Popularly Known as “ Submerged Church “ and “ The Floating Church .Its interesting church and abonded Church called the Rosary Church in a village called Shettyhalli in Hassan district of Karnataka state
About the Shettihalli Rosary Church
It was Build by the French missionaries in India during 1860s. This church is a gorgeous example of Gothic-style architecture. The area around the church got deserted after the construction of the Hemavati Dam and a reservoir (Gorur Dam) in the year 1960; later, the church too was forgotten.
Back to Bangalore . End of Dornahalli and Shetty Halli Church Tour
360° ViewShettihalli Church
Online Enquiry & Payment Confirmation
- Pls Submit and click Proceed For Payment Button to proceed Online Transfer
- Further To help Contact on mobile @9845370515
1. The above tariff includes Transportation, Accommodation
PAYMENT RULES AND CANELLATION:
1. Children above the age of 5 years will be charged full fare. No seats will be given to children below 5 years.
2. The corporation shall neither be held responsible nor will the amount be refunded in case you miss the bus.
3. No postponement of journey will be made within 24 hours. Once the journey is postponed cancellation will not be considered.
4. Tariff subject to change without notice.
48 hours before the proposed time of departure date – 10% deducted.
24 – 47 hours before the proposed time of departure date – 25% deducted.
24 hours within the proposed date no refund or cancellation.
- velankanni church tour
- velankanni church tour package
- velankanni famous tourist places
- velankanni tourist attractions
- best time to visit velankanni church
- velankanni trip from bangalore
- velankanni tour packages from bangalore
- tourist places to visit in velankanni
- bangalore to velankanni tourist places
- tourist places at velankanni
- places to see near velankanni
- velankanni church near nagapattinam
- package trip to velankanni
- tourist places near velankanni
- best time to visit velankanni
- velankanni church beach
- velankanni church tours from chennai
- tour packages to velankanni church
- velankanni church to beach distance
- velankanni matha church tour
- velankanni church trip
- velankanni church near tourist places
- velankanni church jesus statue
- velankanni to poondi bus booking
- velankanni church to pondicherry
- velankanni nagapattinam pondicherry
- velankanni to pondicherry
- tourist places around velankanni
- tourist places near velankanni tamil nadu
- chennai to velankanni tourist places
- velankanni to poondi bus timings
- package tours from bangalore to velankanni
- trip to velankanni from bangalore
- velankanni church india
- bangalore to velankanni package tour
- velankanni church mass timings
- velankanni church location
- velankanni church near me
- velankanni church nagapattinam
- velankanni church place
- velankanni church places to visit
- velankanni church special days
- velankanni church tamilnadu
- velankanni church bus booking
- velankanni church bus timings
- velankanni church beach images
- velankanni church chennai